There are endless permutations of five ingredient recipes; I'm expanding into three variables! Crockpot recipes, chicken recipes, and five ingredient recipes come together nicely. You can always add more ingredients, or substitute your personal favorite cheese, herbs, spices, and veggies when you make one of these fabulous five ingredient crockpot chicken recipes. Enjoy these hearty and simple recipes.
Tips for Chicken in the Crockpot
- White meat is going to cook much more quickly than dark. So when a recipe calls for chicken breasts, the total cooking time shouldn't be more than six to seven hours. And if you have a newer crockpot, the cooking time may be as short as four hours. That means you can't leave the house for long while cooking chicken breasts in a new model.
- Chicken drumsticks and thighs can cook for up to ten hours without losing juiciness or flavor.
- The internal temperature of the chicken pieces much reach 170 degrees F. An instant read thermometer will help you make sure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Five Ingredient Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Sweet and Spicy Crockpot Chicken
The combination of sweet and sour sauce and barbecue sauce makes a superb sauce for tender chicken thighs.
- Sour Cream Bacon Chicken
This rich and delicious dish has the most wonderful flavor combination. Serve it with some hot cooked egg noodles to soak up the sauce.
- Honey Chicken with Dried Fruit
Dried fruit becomes plump and tender when it's cooked with chicken and honey in this simple recipe.
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
This recipe uses only three ingredients! I would add a chopped onion and some garlic to this easy recipe.
- Chinese Roasted Chicken
The most incredible aroma will fill your house when you make this simple recipe. Serve it with hot cooked rice and some stir-fried vegetables.
- Crockpot Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
Just look at the amount of Vitamin A you get from each serving of this easy recipe. It's so delicious and simple too.
- Creamy Italian Chicken
This rich and creamy recipe is perfect served over hot cooked noodles, with some sauteed broccoli florets on the side.
- Crockpot Chicken Supreme
Add just about any vegetable to this simple recipe to make it a one dish meal. I like baby carrots, but green beans or asparagus would be wonderful too.
- Crockpot Peanut Chicken
Chicken cooked in peanut sauce becomes very tender and juicy. This would be wonderful served over hot couscous, with some chopped peanuts for garnish.