A little flambe makes this peach dessert extra special.
Read Peggy's Flambe Tutorial for tips and safety precautions.
- 2 peaches, ripe but still firm
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- Take 2 ripe, peaches, cut in half, then slice in about 4 or 5 slices.
- Melt a few tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a heavy, deep skillet with a long handle.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of brown sugar; stir. Add peaches. Cook until fairly warm and starting to soften, about 1 minute.
- Flip the peaches and let them cook an additional 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and add rum (light or dark; dark has more flavor) to taste, and swirl in pan a bit.
- Put the pan back on the heat. Light a very long match and pass over pan. Stand back and avert your face. Allow flame to die down and sauce to thicken slightly
- Remove from heat and serve over ice cream.