This very simple recipe combines the luxurious fattiness of foie gras with the tartness of apple brandy. A divine combination that is sure to be a party favorite.
The cheaper grade B foie gras is perfectly suitable for this recipe. You may even use the canned foie gras, although there is a definite loss in flavor.
- 8 Ounces Fresh Foie Gras - Grade B, cut into 1 inch pieces, vein removed
- 1/4 Cup Pomme de Vie (Apple Brandy)
- 8 Ounces Unsalted Butter, room temperature (soft)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Heat up a non-stick pan until it is very hot. Add the foie gras and saute for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Put the foie gras into a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. With the processor running on a low speed, slowly add the brandy and softened butter.
- Continue to mix until it is a smooth consistency. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Put the mixture into a serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with small slices of toast and tart apple wedges.
For a more elegant presentation, use a cake piping bag ahead of time to swirl portions onto individual toasts.
More Gourmet Food Recipes:
Easy Duck Confit
Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes With Crème Fraîche And Osetra Caviar