The Fourth of July is the premier summer holiday in America and the day is filled with family, friends, fun, food, and fireworks. Of course, every great party needs a great drink or two and there is no shortage of fine cocktails for this occasion.
The Red, White, and Blue Cocktail Menu
One of my favorite ways to celebrate any occasion is to design a cocktail menu that fits the theme. It just so happens that the Fourth of July is one of the easiest to work with.
You can quickly and easily design a cocktail menu using the patriotic colors of the holiday: simply think "Red, White, and Blue."
You will find below just a few suggestions for cocktails of each color in a variety of styles. Whether you want to stick with short and neat martinis, served tall sippers or fire up the blender for frozen delights, there are colorful options available.
Short & Stylin':
- Red: Campari Cocktail, Imperial, Clover Club Cocktail, Red Carpet
- White: Martini, Mango Sage Lady, Saketini, Licorice Stick
- Blue: Envy, Sapphire Martini, Very Berry Cosmo, Blue Carnation
Tall & Refreshing:
- Red: Americano, Cape Codder, La Berceuse, Watermelon Wave
- White: Gin & Tonic, Caipirinha, Vodka Collins, Atone-Mint
- Blue: Blue Hawaiian, The Something Blue, Hpnotiq Margarita, Air Force One
- Red: Strawberry Daiquiri, Strawberry Margarita, Hawaiian Margarita, Tamarind Margarita
- White: Pina Colada, Limey Cocktail, Kappa Colada
Browse more colorful cocktails...
If the drinks I've chosen are not quite what you're looking for, here are some suggestions for finding red, white, and blue drinks based on the color of the ingredients.
- White: Coconut, Dairy, RumChata, Irish Cream, also any white spirit (vodka, gin, white rum, blanco tequila) topped with clear soda (think Vodka Tonic)
- Blue: Blueberry, Blue Curacao, Hpnotiq
If following the color theme of the Fourth doesn't appeal to you, maybe one of these "patriotic" cocktails will.
- Air Force One
- American Collins
- American Dream
- Baileys Independence on Ice
- Broad Stripes and Bright Stars
- Firecracker (shooter)
- Fourth of July (shooter)
- Hail to the Chief
- Independence Day Mojito
- July 4th Colada
- Red, White & Blue (shooter)
- Red, White and Sapphire
- Revolutionary Rum
- Time for a Change?
- US of A Rocks
- UV Liberty
Cocktails Named for American Places
Cocktails get their names for many reasons, but one of the most popular is to honor a certain place. This cocktail collection is filled with locations throughout the United States.
- Central Park
- Chapel Hill
- Hawaiian Iced Tea
- Hawaiian Margarita
- Hawaiian Sea Breeze
- Honolulu Cocktail
- Kentucky Kiss
- Kentucky Screwdriver
- LAX Cocktail
- Long Beach Tea
- Long Island Iced Tea
- Lynchburg Lemonade
- Madison Avenue Cocktail
- Miami Iced Tea
- Nevada Cocktail
- New Orleans Fizz
- New York Cocktail
- Park Avenue
- Pearl Harbor
- Reno Cocktail
- Sunset Strip
- Union Square
- Washington Apple
- Yale Cocktail
More Independence Day Entertaining
Drinks are not the only highlight of the Fourth of July and I have collected more recipes, tips, and tricks for getting the most out of this fun summer holiday.
- 10 Great Cookout Cocktails
- Grilling 101
- Plan a Summer Barbecue
- Beer Can Chicken
- The Classic July 4th Barbecue
- Fourth of July Recipes - Red, White and Blue Recipes
- Fourth of July Favorites
- 4th of July Celebrations - Fireworks Displays Around the Country
- Chemistry of Firework Colors
- How to Photograph Fireworks
- Fireworks Safety Tips
- Pets and Fireworks