This menu includes some of the most popular cookout side dish salads and beans, along with grilled steak and burgers, a chicken marinade, perfect iced tea, peach cobbler or a celebration cake, and some great snacks to get the party started.
Whether you're planning a cookout for your family, organizing a big party, or going to a potluck cookout or barbecue, these recipes are sure to please. Try some of these dishes for your Independence Day celebration!
- Deviled Eggs with Mayonnaise Who doesn't love deviled eggs? These ones are made with a little mustard and sweet pickle relish.
- Refreshing Summer Gazpacho Garden-fresh tomatoes and vegetables make a refreshing cold summer soup. Make it smooth or keep it a bit chunky.
- Juicy Grilled Burgers These burgers are made extra juicy and flavorful with a little tomato juice and seasonings. Makee these burgers with or without sliced cheese and serve sliced tomatoes and onion, lettuce leaves, and condiments on the side.
- Easy Cajun Spiced Chicken Breasts Chicken breasts are marinated for about 1 hour, then they're broiled or grilled to perfection. Some Cajun spice mixtures are spicier than others, but you can add a little cayenne pepper to the marinade if you need a little more heat.
- Spicy Marinated Grilled Steak Plan to let this steak marinate for a few hours before gilling. The easy marinade is made with lime juice, garlic, and a Cajun style seasoning blend.
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad This potato salad combines red potatoes, white potatoes, and Peruvian purple potatoes to make a fabulous patriotic salad!
- Cowboy Beans Baked beans, butter beans, pinto beans, and kidney beans team up with a little bacon, ground beef, and barbecue sauce to make these delicious cookout beans. These are great with pulled pork, burgers, or just about any grilled meat.
- Cole Slaw With Creamy Tangy Dressing This flavorful coleslaw is a must for any cookout, with a tangy mayonnaise dressing, shredded cabbage, a little shredded carrot, and other seasonings.
- Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler Top this fabulous peach cobbler with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, or drizzle with heavy cream.
- Red, White, and Blue Ice Cream This ice cream is the perfect dessert for a Fourth of July cookout! Swirls of vibrant red raspberry sauce and chunky blueberry jam are frozen into a basic homemade vanilla ice cream.
- Lemonade with Fresh Mint This delicious summer drink is made with lemons, oranges, and fresh mint leaves.