This is the ultimate collection of free patterns for thread crochet. Find thread crochet patterns for bedspreads, doilies, bookmarks, scarves, edgings, and more.
01 of 08
Pictured at left is a bedspread made using this free pattern for a criss-cross granny square. The open spaces in the design make for an eye-catching pattern when the squares are joined together.
Our website features many more square and motif patterns that would be suitable for use in making thread crochet bedspreads:
- Summer Bedspread Granny Square Pattern: Any granny square can be made out of crochet thread, but our summer bedspread granny square was designed specifically for crocheting with... thread; of course, you could make it out of yarn as well if you prefer to do that.
- Granny Square Patterns: Feel free to crochet any of our grannies using thread.
- More free crochet bedspread patterns
02 of 08
This cotton scarf is crocheted in size 3 cotton crochet thread; while it looks intricate and detailed, it's actually an easy pattern to crochet, dispelling the myth that thread crochet is always difficult to do.
See Also: free crochet scarf patterns.
03 of 08
- Filet Crochet Heart Trim - Made with love! This pretty trim features a repeating pattern of hearts that alternate. I love the filet crochet version; I also thought of another way to use the same chart. I designed a similar trim pattern where the heart design is cross stitched onto the trim (pictured at left). I think both variations turned out really pretty.
- Find more free patterns for crocheted edgings.
04 of 08
Continue to 5 of 8 below.
- Beaded Crochet Necklace With Dichroic Glass Pendant - I've crocheted my sample necklaces using metallic embroidery floss, which is hefty enough to support both the seed beads and the small dichroic glass pendant which are an integral part of the necklace design. The embroidery floss takes a bit of skill and patience to work with, but the results are worth the effort! Check out a step by step beaded necklace tutorial here.
- Layered Flower Necklace in Thread Crochet - This pretty necklace... features two parts: the layered necklace band, and the matching flower. You can crochet and use either part separately.
- Beaded Bracelets - These beaded bracelets are all crocheted with metallic embroidery floss. You can create your own new versions and colorways pretty easily by adapting the basic bracelet pattern.
05 of 08
- Beaded Crochet Snowflake - Using this pattern, you'll combine crochet thread, embroidery floss, beads and wire to create a strong, flexible snowflake that can be used in many different ways.
- Small Cluster Flower Thread Crochet Motif - You can make this pretty little flower using the materials of your choice, but Sandi Marshall used size 10 crochet thread for making her sample flower. This is a good pattern for using up odds and ends of thread.
- See more free patterns for crochet motifs and cro...chet appliques.
06 of 08
- Beaded Crochet Cell Phone Holder: You'll use size 3 crochet thread and contrasting colored beads to crochet this pretty little cell phone pouch. The pouch is sized for iPhones but could hold any similarly sized gadget.
- Thread crochet bookmark patterns
- Thread Crochet Animal Charts for crochet -- Most of these are charted patterns that could be worked in thread if you wish.
07 of 08
Our website is home to a vast collection of free tutorials, charts and patterns for filet crochet.
08 of 08
We're hoping you enjoyed the roundup of free patterns linked above. Want even more thread crochet patterns? If so, you might enjoy the following books:
- : The premise of this book: you can crochet gorgeous, wearable clothing if you use either crochet thread or fine yarns to do it. Be sure to check out my book review for more info about the projects included in the book.
- : Using beads, crochet thread, and the lovely patterns in this book, you'll learn how to crochet exquisite edgings to... finish off scarves, clothing, accessories, linens, and other projects. This is one of my favorite crochet books.