Easter is one of the oldest Christian festivals, a celebration whose pagan roots date from long before the birth of Jesus Christ. Easter is usually celebrated on the first Sunday after the full moon following the Vernal Equinox. For your puzzling pleasure, we offer you these free word puzzles, trivia games, and other activities that examine the secular as well as religious aspects of this ancient celebration marking the coming of Spring.
Easter Trivia and Fun Facts
Easter was celebrated by the pagans long before it became a Christian day of celebration. Take the Easter Trivia Quiz and see if you can answer the eleven questions pertaining to this ancient celebration of the coming of spring.
Easter Word Search Games
Hey, word search fans! We have a series of word search games in large print for seniors and others who may have problems reading smaller fonts. These games are of medium difficulty and are available in both English and Spanish, making them a good choice for adults and second language learners. Play them online, or print out a worksheet and solve on paper.
- Easter Word Search - See if you can find the 25 hidden words associated with the Easter celebration.
- Easter Word Search in Spanish - Learn and practice Easter vocabulary by finding the 28 Spanish words related to various symbols and traditions of Easter as it is celebrated in the Hispanic world.
- 30 Easter Word Search Puzzles - For more free word search games for young and old, see this resource at About Freebies.
Parents and educators looking for Easter word search worksheets for children will find dozens of themed puzzles appropriate for younger solvers at Easter Word Search Puzzles for Kids.
Easter Crossword Puzzles
What could be more eggs-citing than celebrating Easter with a good, old-fashioned egg hunt? See how many Easter eggs you can find in our 'Holiday Hunt' Crossword, a themed, American-style crossword game for older children and adults. The puzzle can be played online, in AcrossLite, or printed for solving on paper. For easy puzzles appropriate for younger solvers, see the educational resources available in our section of Easter Crossword Puzzles for Kids.
Easter Word Games
Do you enjoy anagram games? Then, you'll enjoy the Easter Scramble Word Puzzle. In this online game, simply unscramble the letters to arrive at one of the 18 words or phrases associated with Easter. Click on the jumbled word to check your answer.
Easter Jigsaw Games
At Jigsaw Planet, you can find several jigsaw games featuring bunnies, chicks and other symbols of Easter. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Baby Bunny and Chick - An easy, 35-piece game depicting an adorable little bunny and a brand new chick.
- Easter Bunnies - A 63-piece jigsaw game in which two cuddly rabbits sit prettily in colorful "eggshells". A more challenging 195-piece jigsaw puzzle is also available.
- Easter Eggs - Easter eggs painted with a floral motif are the focus of this 80-piece jigsaw puzzle game.
- Easter Basket - This 99-piece jigsaw puzzle features a dozen or so brightly colored eggs in a basket.
- Easter Chick - A new, spring chicken sits upon a colored Easter egg in this 120-piece puzzle.
- Easter Tulips - For a challenging jigsaw puzzle game, try piecing together this 300-piece puzzle.
If you like these puzzles, you may enjoy the resources listed below.
- Bible Puzzles for Kids - Children can celebrate the religious aspect of Easter and other Christian celebrations with these free online games and printable puzzles.
- Spring Puzzles - Here, you'll find puzzles, games, and activities celebrating the coming of spring, springtime activities, and various holidays celebrated during the spring season.