01 of 06
Sew a Fabric Wreath - Free Pattern and Directions
A single fabric or multiple fabrics may be used to create this fabric wreath.
- 1/4 yard of 45" wide fabric
- Print out of pattern
- Craft ribbon - 4 to 5 yards
Continue to 2 of 6 below.
- Using the grain line on the pattern, aligned on the lengthwise grain, cut 8 sets of the pattern piece.
02 of 06
Layout The PiecesNote: All directions refer to using a 1/4" seam allowance.
Continue to 3 of 6 below.
- Layout the in the order you want the finished wreath.
- Joining right sides together, sew four sections together.
- Repeat to create four sections of four pieces each.
- Press the seams to one side.
- Place two sections together and sew the inner and outer curved edges.
- Repeat to have two sections joined on the curved edges.
03 of 06
Join Two Sections
Continue to 4 of 6 below.
- Turn one section right side out.
- Place the turned right side out section inside the section that is not turned.
- Line up the seams being sure to keep the inner and outer edges lined up to each other.
- Sew the ends of the tubes together.
- Press the seam.
- Turn the entire tube right side out.
04 of 06
Create the Circular Tube
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
- Place the right sides of the ends of the tube together, lining up the seams.
- Sew from seam to seam, leaving one side open to stuff.
- Press the seam as much as possible.
05 of 06
Stuffing and Closing
- Stuff the tube, pushing the stuffing as far into the tube as possible, filling the entire tube.
- Slip stitch the opening closed.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Tie the Sections
- Tie ribbon around the tube at each seam.
- Snug the ribbon and knot it in place. (Someone to lend a hand is helpful)
- Tie the ends of the ribbons in bows and trim the ribbon tails.
- Add decorations to taste.