French fruit tarts are popular in Morocco. In this recipe, whole or sliced strawberries are arranged on a layer of creme patisserie in a baked sweet pastry shell. A strawberry glaze adds sheen to the finished dessert.
Also, try French Apple Tart.
- Spread the pastry cream across the bottom of the baked sweet pastry shell.
- Arrange the strawberries in a pattern over the pastry cream.
- Heat the strawberry jam with the lemon juice until boiling.
- Use a pastry brush to apply the strawberry glaze over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate the tart for several hours before serving.