French fruit tarts are popular in Morocco. In this recipe, whole or sliced strawberries are arranged on a layer of creme patisserie in a baked sweet pastry shell. A strawberry glaze adds sheen to the finished dessert.
Prep time does not include preparation of the sweet pastry shell and creme patisserie. It's easiest to make them well in advance of assembling the tart.
Also, try this French Apple Tart.
- Spread the pastry cream across the bottom of the baked sweet pastry shell.
- Arrange the strawberries in a pattern over the pastry cream.
- Heat the strawberry jam with the lemon juice until boiling.
- Use a pastry brush to apply the strawberry glaze over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate the tart for several hours before serving.