Sausages are rolled up in a blanket of French toast in this easy recipe, a fun and tasty breakfast for kids and families.
Serve the wrapped sausages with fresh fruit and breakfast hash brown potatoes for a hearty, great-tasting breakfast.
Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
- Cut the crusts off of the bread slices and flatten them slightly with a rolling pin.
- Roll a sausage in each bread slice; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk or cream and granulated sugar.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Dip the rolled up sausages briefly in the egg batter, rolling to coat thoroughly.
- When the butter is hot and foaming, add the battered sausages. Cook, turning frequently, until browned on all sides.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar and serve with maple syrup.
You Might Also Like