This is a popular pear cobbler recipe made with butter and cake-like batter, along with fresh pears. This is the easy type of cobbler. The cobbler is made with sweetened pears layered over the butter and cake batter ingredients and baked to perfection.
Anjou and Bosc pears are excellent for baking.
Add 1 cup of blueberries to the pear mixture for a pear-blueberry cobbler.
- Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas 3).
- Mix the pears with 1/2 cup sugar and let stand.
- Put butter in 2-quart baking dish and place in the oven until melted.
- Combine all dry ingredients, including the remaining 1 cup of sugar. Mix well.
- Whisk together the milk and egg in a mixing bowl; slowly combine with dry ingredients to make a batter. Pour over melted butter. Do not stir.
- Spoon pears over the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until nicely browned and pears are tender. If the topping appears to be over-browning, cover the dish with foil and continue baking until the pears are tender.
- Serve the cobbler hot or cold with ice cream or whipped cream.
Tips and Variations
If you want to make pear blueberry cobbler, add 1 cup of fresh blueberries to the pears and sugar. It's as simple as that.