If you're trying to add a little flavor to a basic main dish, try salsa. Salsa adds extra flavor, jazzing up basic pan grilled or roasted meat, fish, or poultry.
Serve this flavorful salsa with chicken breasts, grilled pork tenderloin, chops, steak, or fish. This tasty, easy salsa recipe is well worth the chopping time.
- 4 medium tomatoes, cored, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion or yellow onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno or serrano pepper
- 2 heaping tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, garlic, onion, chile pepper, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss to blend.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 2 to 3 cups of fresh salsa.
You Might Also Like