Serve these tasty zucchini coins with the easy included sweet pepper dip or your own favorite dip. These make a good side dish or snack.
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs (unseasoned)
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese (about 4 ounces, shredded)
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- For the Sweet Pepper Dip:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sweet pepper relish
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- Combine the panko and fine bread crumbs in a food processor or blender with the basil, cheese, and salt. Pulse 6 to 8 times to combine and then pour into a large plate.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Add about 1/3 of the zucchini slices to the beaten eggs, then coat, one at a time, in the bread crumb mixture.
- Put on a plate and repeat with remaining zucchini slices.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep fryer to 360°. Fry zucchini in small batches until golden brown. This will take about 1 to 2 minutes for each batch.
- Using a slotted metal spoon, remove the cooked zucchini to paper towels to drain.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini. Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve with Sweet Pepper Dip or your favorite.
Sweet Pepper Dip:
- Combine 1/3 cup mayonnaise with 2 to 3 tablespoons of sweet pepper relish.
You Might Also Like