How to Make Fun Kids Salads:
Salads are a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables, but kids don't always find salads appealing. Here are some tricks to get kids to eat salad:
- Make salads that are simple. Too many ingredients are overwhelming to kids. My rule of thumb: The younger the kids, the fewer ingredients to use.
- Use ingredients that kids are familiar with, like cheese, croutons and iceberg lettuce.
- Make a home salad bar. Cut fruits and vegetables into small pieces and put them in bowls, and let the kids choose what they like. This makes it easy to add vegetables adults like without forcing the kids to eat them.
Green Kids Salads:
- Kids Salad Recipe - This 3-ingredient kids salad couldn't be easier. And since one of the ingredients is Goldfish crackers, even little kids will like this salad recipe.
- Green Salad with Grapes and Bacon - Juicy grapes and salty bacon are a winning combination in this easy green salad recipe.
- Seven Layer Salad Recipe - Iceberg lettuce is topped with celery, peas, onions, peppers and bacon in this easy green salad recipe.
Vegetable Salads for Kids:
- Carrot Salad - Carrots, pineapple and raisins are combined with a honey-mayonnaise dressing in this sweet, kid-friendly vegetable salad recipe.
- Broccoli Salad Recipe - Although this broccoli salad has more ingredients than my typical kids' salad recipes, I think your kids will really enjoy this one. Bacon, cheese, raisins and almonds jazz up the broccoli. And the dressing is sweet and creamy.
- Cabbage Salad Recipe - Shredded cabbage gets jazzed up with celery, carrots, peppers and onions in a sweet vinaigrette.
- Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe - Apples, parmesan cheese and bacon give this vegetable salad kid appeal.
Pasta Salads for Kids:
- Italian Pasta Salad - Macaroni is tossed with marinated artichokes, red pepper, zucchini and black olives in this colorful pasta salad recipe.
- Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe - This tuna pasta salad makes a wonderful school lunch for the kids. Try it with chickpeas and black olives for a fun flavor twist.
- Greek Pasta Salad Recipe - All of the flavors of a Greek salad are tossed with bow-tie pasta in this easy kids salad recipe.
Fruit Salads for Kids:
- Peach Salad Recipe - Fresh peaches are tossed with glazed pecans, lettuce and cheese in this sweet salad recipe that will be a favorite with kids and adults alike.
- Taffy Apple Salad Recipe - This is one of those kids salads that's more of a dessert than a side dish, but kids will love the combination of apples, peanuts and pineapple in the creamy whipped topping dressing.
- Strawberry Salad Recipe - This 3-ingredient salad is sweet, crispy and juicy - a winning combination when strawberries are in season.
- Waldorf Salad - This is a classic Waldorf salad, enhanced with vanilla yogurt and fresh mint.
Potato Salad Recipes for Kids:
- Best Potato Salad Recipe - This bacon-enhanced potato salad recipe is sure to become one of your go-to recipes for summer eating.
- Potato Salad - This is a classic, picnic potato salad, made with mayonnaise, pickle relish, celery and eggs.
- Red Potato Salad - This popular potato salad goes well with everything from burgers to fried chicken to sandwiches.
- Mustard Potato Salad Recipe - Dijon mustard adds tanginess to this kid-friendly potato salad recipe. Don't worry about the hot sauce - it's just a tiny bit, but if you really prefer bland foods, leave it out.