Gingerbread coffee creamer brings a sweet smell to your coffee cup on these cold winter mornings! Cinnamon, cloves, ginger...MMM! It's the perfect way to enjoy gingerbread without all of the fuss. Also, it is way cheaper to make this stuff at home than buy a latte at your favorite coffee spot.
Ever looked at the labels on store bought creamer? It's crazy how many ingredients are in there and how few of them I can identify as real food. Lots of thickeners, food coloring, and hydrogenated oils fill those pretty little bottles. I never realized how easy creamer would be to make at home. It is a few simple ingredients and takes almost no time to throw together. It can also be made with almond, soy, or coconut milk.
It is best kept in an airtight container like a mason jar. It can be kept in the fridge for a week. This recipe is very easy to double or cut in half! Add to your favorite coffee for a coffee house inspired treat! Serve it up with this easy gingerbread oatmeal recipe and you will be in gingerbread heaven!
This recipe can also be used to make a simple vanilla creamer. Simply leave out the spices and add in vanilla. Plain cinnamon flavor can also be made. Or add a little pumpkin puree for a pumpkin spice twist!
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- Whisk together all of the ingredients thoroughly until they are combined. It may also help to heat up the mixture quickly to help the mixture come together.
- The creamer can be stored in and airtight container the refrigerator for up to one week! It will need to be shaken prior to use! Serve it in coffee, hot chocolate, or hot tea!