Baked ham is a holiday favorite. The simple variety is delicious, but sometimes a little variety spices things up. Or in the case of this recipe for glazed baked ham with pineapple and honey, sweetens things up. This recipe is simple to make, but the marinade must be made ahead of time. Prepare the marinade the night before or early in the morning and let the ham marinate for several hours in the refrigerator before you pop it into the oven. Choose sides that don't conflict with the sweetness of this glaze and a wine that is the same level of dryness as the one you use in this recipe for a harmonious menu.
- In a large bowl or large food storage bag that will hold the ham, combine the brown sugar, honey, wine, pineapple juice, and minced garlic.
- Place the ham in the marinade, turn to coat well, and let it marinate for 6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Turn frequently to keep the ham coated with marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the ham on a rack in a roasting pan and reserve the marinade for basting.
- Bake the ham, basting frequently with the reserved marinade, until a meat thermometer (not touching the bone) reads about 140 F or about 10 minutes per pound.