If you need a recipe for a tasty pork loin roast, this one is a good choice. It's roasted to perfection and served with a tangy apricot nectar sauce. This makes a great meal with mashed potatoes and a side vegetable or salad, or serve with sweet potatoes and greens.
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast, about 4 to 5 pounds
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups apricot nectar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas 3).
- Score the fat on the pork roast in a diamond design. Rub salt and pepper over surface of the meat. Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure it does not touch fat or bone. Roast for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine the apricot nectar, brown sugar, cornstarch, mustard, and vinegar; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Reserve 1/2 cup apricot mixture for the sauce. Baste roast with the remaining apricot glaze mixture.
- Roast the pork for an additional 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160°. Remove the pork to a serving platter, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Keep the roast warm while you prepare the sauce.
- Combine reserved apricot mixture and drippings in a medium saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce comes to a full boil. Serve the roast with sauce.
Serves 6 to 8.
You Might Also Like