Gluten-free cornbread stuffing begins with Gluten-Free Skillet Cornbread with Apples and Thyme. This flavorful rustic cornbread is baked in a skillet which gives it a great crust.
Add crumbs from your favorite everyday gluten-free bread in this recipe — I used Gluten-Free Walnut Rosemary Bread, which adds a fragrant, savory flavor. Make the bread and bread crumbs ahead of time and freeze and this stove top dressing becomes a welcome, fast and easy holiday recipe.
- 2 cups dry gluten-free cornbread crumbs
- 2 cups dry
- gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped celery with leafy tops
- 1 cup sliced green onions (about 8 green onions)
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-2 tablespoons gluten-free savory herb blend (or poultry herb blend — see tips)
- 3/4 - 1 cup gluten-free chicken or turkey stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and add olive oil.
- Add celery, onions, and garlic and saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, salt, pepper and dry herb blend.
- Pour poultry stock in. Stir to blend. Adjust seasonings and slowly add more stock if necessary.
- Heat through and serve.
- Gluten-free breads used in this recipe-
- Gluten-Free Skillet Cornbread with Apples and Thyme
- Gluten-Free Walnut Rosemary Bread
Gluten-Free Herb Sources: Tone's / Durkee / Spice Island
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.