This simple and delicious Gluten-Free Fried Chicken Tenders recipe is made with homemade gluten-free panko-style crumbs.
This easy and incredibly tasty, light-and-crunchy gluten-free panko-style bread crumb recipe is perfect for chicken, fish, vegetables or anything else you might want to bread.
When accompanied with this Gluten-Free Fry Batter recipe (substitute club soda for the gluten-free beer if you wish), you'll have a match made in heaven.
- 3 cups gluten-free Rice Chex Cereal
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herb blend to taste
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour mix -- preferably without xanthan gum or guar gum (I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Baking Mix)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon GF garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon GF onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 12 ounce bottle of gluten-free beer OR 12 ounces of club soda
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 recipe Gluten-Free Fry Batter
- Coconut or canola oil for frying
Make the Gluten-Free Panko-Style Crumbs
- Place 3 cups gluten-free Rice Chex cereal in a plastic bag.
- Use a rolling pin to crush the cereal to coarse flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper and any herb blend that you like.
- Use as a breading for fish, seafood, chicken, vegetables, or any recipe that requires a crisp breading.
Make the Gluten-Free Fry Batter
- Combine gluten-free all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large, plastic zip-top bag.
- Shake the bag to thoroughly mix the dry ingredients. Pour this mixture into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add gluten-free beer or club soda and mix until the batter is smooth and not too thick or too thin. Add more liquid if the batter is too thick.
Make the Gluten-Free Fried Chicken Tenders
- Slice 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 1-inch strips. Dip the strips in Gluten Free Fry Batter. Thin, if necessary, with water or club soda until the batter lightly coats the chicken strips.
- Roll the battered chicken strips in gluten-free Panko-style crumbs to thoroughly coat.
- Refrigerate battered and crumb-coated chicken tenders for at least 1 hour prior to frying.
- Fry in hot 375- to 400-degree F. cooking oil, until golden brown, about 8 minutes or until done.
Note: Coat, tightly wrap and refrigerate chicken strips for up to 24 hours before frying for real convenience. Also, always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.