This gluten-free recipe for pecan pie is incredibly sweet and delicious. Don't be intimidated about making homemade pie crust. A food processor makes the task fast and easy - just keep your butter or shortening chilled and use ice water.
The rich pecan filling is mixed in a blender, making this a fast and easy favorite.
Tip: an 8 or 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom makes a nice-looking crimped crust and makes cutting pies easy too.
- 1 8 or 9" gluten-free pie crust (unbaked)
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans (plus about 20 whole pecan halves)
- Preheat oven to 425 F / 218 C
- Add eggs, sugar, salt, corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla in a blender jar and pulse several times until mixture is combined.
- Add 1 cup pecans and pulse once or twice, just until pecans are coarsely chopped.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust and place remaining pecan halves around the top of the filling.
- Bake at 425 F / 218 C for 15 minutes and then lower oven temperature to 350 F / 177 C and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the pie is lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.