Do you have a bumper crop of zucchini this year? Zucchini is such a versatile vegetable, shining in both sweet and savory recipes. You can spiralize zucchini into noodles for a healthy alternative to pasta, or slice them in half and stuff with your favorite fillings to make zucchini "boats." You can also shred zucchini and add them to baked goods and breads for an additional boost of veggies.
This gluten-free bread features shredded zucchini and crunchy pecans. The sour cream helps make this loaf soft and moist, the pecans adding a slightly crunchy texture.
Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend is one of my favorite, go-to gluten-free flour blends. It's versatile and wonderful for anything from cornbread to pancakes to sauces. I keep a four-pound bag on hand for any baking needs or desires that arise.
For the chocolate lovers, you can add 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips for a hint of chocolatey sweetness. You can also swap out the pecans for walnuts, or omit the nuts altogether. Happy Baking!
- 2 large zucchini, shredded and excess moisture drained
- 2 1/4 cup Pamela's Gluten-Free Artisan Flour Blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 packed cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I love Rodelle for the rich vanilla flavor)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash zucchini and trim the ends. Shred the zucchini (I use a box grater) and arrange shreds in a thin layer across a few sheets of paper towels. Lay additional paper towels on top and gently press down to begin absorbing excess moisture from the zucchini. Let sit as you prepare the other ingredients.
- Whisk together the flour blend, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, or with a stand mixer such as a Kitchen-Aid, cream the butter and sugars together, scraping down the sides halfway through. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the drained shredded zucchini and sour cream. Pour mixture into the wet batter and stir to combine.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients one cup at a time to the wet batter until all ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Remove loaf pan from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove zucchini bread from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels to confirm the product is gluten-free. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.