This potato salad is made with Yukon gold potatoes and grainy mustard, along with chopped onion and eggs. This is an excellent choice if you're looking for a good-tasting cookout or picnic potato salad.
Use a good quality whole grain mustard or a favorite gourmet mustard.
- Put cubed potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and continue boiling for about 12 to 15 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled potatoes with the celery, chopped eggs, and onion.
- Combine 3/4 cup of the mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon of mustard, the dill relish, and pepper.
- Gently stir the mayonnaise mixture into the potato mixture. Add more of the remaining mayonnaise and mustard, as needed for flavor and texture.
- Chill until serving time.