Moving into a new home can be a truly exciting experience. We all long for a fresh start and new, happy beginnings, even though most of the time we also resist letting go of the old! The ancient art and science of feng shui can help you release old energy, as well as invite the new into your life.
However, there is one more feng shui step that is important to know when you are moving to your new home. In the language of feng shui energy, letting go of the old (clearing energy) and setting intentions for the new (applying feng shui cures) is not enough. When you move to a new home, you also have to be sure to start with a clean, clear energy foundation.
It is important to know that houses have memories, just like people do. The energy of all events that happened there in the past will still linger inside. The smartest way to go when you move into a new space is to do some space clearing to assure you start with a clean slate.
After you've done some space clearing, pay extra attention to these 5 important feng shui areas.
1. A Strong Front Door and Main Entry. A house can attract good feng shui energy only when it has a strong front door and a good main entry. From the best feng shui door color to the best decor for your main entry, we have all the resources to help you.
2. A Space with No Clutter. An orderly space with no clutter is the best feng shui foundation for your new home. This means that ideally, you have dealt with your clutter before moving to your new space. To prevent clutter from accumulating in your new home, be sure to start with a good organization system. When every item in your home has its own space, the possibility of creating clutter is greatly diminished.
3. A Good Feng Shui Kitchen. The kitchen is the first area to energize, feng shui-wise, when you move into a new home. Bring some fresh herbs into your kitchen, make an aromatic cup of tea, fill a bowl with colorful fruits. In other words, do your best to take energetic ownership of your new kitchen, as well as make it express the energy of joy, happiness, and nourishment. Your whole house will benefit from joyful, healthy vibes in your kitchen.
4. Soulful, Meaningful Home Decor. The better connection you have with every item you own, the better and clearer your own energy levels. You feel happy when you are surrounded by items you love, and this energy of love and happiness creates a supportive energy for you and your family. Decor items that might not seem like clutter can easily become clutter if you do not need them, do not like them or rarely, if ever, use them. Let go of all the items you do not like or need.
5. Good Feng Shui In Your Bedroom. Your bedroom is the most important room in the house. There can be no happy house if the bedroom has unhappy energy; its that simple. Treat yourself well in your new bedroom and everything else will fall into place. We have an abundance of tips to help you create a good feng shui bedroom, learn how to easily apply them in your own bedroom.
Moving into a new home is one of the best times to use feng shui to create a space of freshness, clarity and happiness in your home; use this time wisely.
Continue Reading: 5 Signs of A Good Feng Shui House