Graham cracker pie crusts are not only popular, but they also are quite easy to make at home.
Graham cracker crusts have unlimited potential. They often are the base for cheesecakes, cream pies, no-bake pies, icebox pies, bar cookies and more. See where your creativity takes you.
- 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter until well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate or tin.
- For baked pies, heat oven to 350 F and bake crust for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool before filling. For no-bake refrigerator or freezer pies, no baking is necessary.
Graham Cracker Pie Crust Variations
- Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Crust Recipe: Smooth or crunchy peanut butter takes the place of melted butter and is worked into the graham cracker crumbs along with sugar and a little water. This is a no-bake crust that is great with a chocolate cream filling.
- Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crust Recipe: Cinnamon is added to the other standard ingredients (melted butter and sugar) of a graham cracker crust.
- Vegan Graham Cracker Crust Recipe: This vegan version is made with melted vegan butter substitute, graham crackers, and sugar.
- Dairy-Free Graham Cracker Crust Recipe: For those who can't tolerate butter, this crust is made with oil, agave nectar or maple syrup and dairy-free graham cracker crumbs.
Cookie Pie Crust Variations
Graham crackers aren't the only things that make a good pie crust or cheesecake or tart base. Consider these:
- Gingersnap Pie Crust Recipe: This gingersnap pie crust is perfect for pumpkin pie or a pudding or cream cheese type of filling. The only thing that's different is that gingersnap crumbs take the place of graham cracker crumbs.
- Vanilla Wafer Crust Recipe: About 30 to 35 crushed vanilla wafers take the place of graham crackers in this crust recipe. Vanilla is the perfect palette for any flavor so this can be a very versatile crust.
- Shortbread Cookie Pie Crust Recipe: In this recipe, no baked shortbread is crumbled and mixed with other ingredients to form a crust. Instead, the shortbread cookie dough becomes the crust.
- Pretzel Crust Recipe: This no-bake margarita pie features a crust made with crushed pretzels, sugar, and melted butter. The crust has huge potential for all sorts of desserts.