Looking for a fun St. Patrick's Day treat? Try this recipe for Green Popcorn. It's a tasty and fun snack everyone will enjoy.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 3 ounce package lime-flavored or other green gelatin
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch pan with aluminum foil. Place popcorn in large bowl.
- Heat butter and syrup in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in sugar and gelatin; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 5 min.
- Pour syrup immediately over popcorn, tossing to coat well. Spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated 300 F oven for 10 min.
- Remove from pan and break into small pieces.
Tips: I found that most regular-sized bags of microwave popcorn make about 12 cups of popped corn. Don't use the entire bag or you won't have enough "green" to go around.