This green tomato casserole is an easy way to enjoy tangy, delicious green tomatoes.
It's an easy baked dish with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs between layers. Serve as a side dish with any meal. This dish is excellent with fish, fried chicken, or steaks.
- 7 to 8 large green tomatoes
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 350°. Butter a 2-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel the tomatoes and slice into rounds about 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Arrange half of the tomatoes in the baking dish. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan mixture over the tomatoes. Top with the remaining tomato slices and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan mixture.
- Dot evenly with the butter.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until tomatoes are tender, and the casserole is browned and bubbly.
You Might Also Like