This is a light and refreshing grilled fruit dessert. You can serve this with vanilla ice cream or berry sorbet. The trick to grilling melon is to do it hot and fast. You'll only need a minute or two with this dish and it is the perfect dessert for any cookout or party.
- 1 cantaloupe (cut into cubes)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL honey
- 1/4 cup/60 mL butter
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cinnamon
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Cut cantaloupe into 2 inch cubes and slide on skewers, about 4 pieces per skewer.
3. Combine honey, butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a saucepan. Once melted, brush mixture onto cantaloupe.
4. Place skewers onto a well oiled oiled grate. Cook over high heat for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and serve with ice cream and remaining honey-butter sauce.
5. Rewarm honey butter sauce if needed.