The Taylor Pork Roll is a classic New Jersey breakfast staple that sort of resembles Canadian Bacon mixed with Salami. Mostly comprised of ham, this product comes fully cooked, but when pan-fried the porky richness is amplified and the caramelized meat takes on a delicious savory flavor. And when covered in melted cheese - well as you could imagine, it gets even better.
This loaded breakfast grilled cheese features a buttery toasted crumpet, a few rich slices of cooked Taylor Pork Roll, a couple of crunchy tater tots, and a few slices of gooey Colby jack and nutty swiss cheese. This carb-loaded sandwich is not for the timid eater and shouldn't only be reserved for breakfast time - let's be real, this sandwich is perfect for late night sobering meal.
Dip this tasty sandwich with some ketchup, hot sauce, or a sunny side egg and you've got yourself a winner that's sure please.
- 1 crumpet
- 3 slices of Taylor Pork Roll
- a handful of tater tots, cooked
- 2 pats of salted butter
- 3 slices of colby jack and swiss marbled cheese
- hot sauce, egg or ketchup to taste
- Gently cut crumpet in half. Lay half of the cheese on top of the exterior side of the crumpet and follow by a layer of pork roll and a couple tater tots.
- Gently take your fork and mash the tater tots down so that they are flattened. Add the remaining cheese and the other half of the crumpet - so that the original exterior of the crumpet now becomes the interior.
- Butter both sides of sandwich and put it in a pan. Turn the heat to medium and allow the sandwich to heat up and start to brown.
- When one side is crisp and golden, flip and repeat. Once both sides are equally toasted and the cheese is completely melted. Remove from heat and let set for a few minutes so that the cheese can set and then serve!
- Don't forget to have a little hot sauce, ketchup, or sunny-side egg for dipping!