This recipe is a fantastic way to add a southwestern flare to a porterhouse steak. With a quick sear on the grill, the chipotle paste locks in making this dish very flavorful.
- Combine garlic, chili powder, salt, oil and pepper in a small bowl.
- Mix until it forms a thick paste. Rub paste over the entire surface of the steak.
- Wrap steak in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill steak over as high a heat as you can for 2 minutes. Flip and continue grilling for 2 more minutes.
- Move to a cooler part of the grill or reduce heat to medium and continue grilling until done. About 4 minutes per side.