This simple portobello mushroom recipe can be served in multiple ways. It can be served as a side dish or appetizer, but they can also be grilled ahead of time and added to soups and stews. The grilled flavor will add a bright quality to most home cooked meals.
- 1 pound (450 g) whole portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) roughly chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sea salt
- Preheat Grill. Remove stems and wash mushrooms. Pat dry.
- Combine butter, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Brush mixture over mushroom caps. Place on grill and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from heat and top with chopped chives. If making ahead, allow mushrooms to cool to room temperature (about 10-15 minutes) and place into an airtight container.
Store up to 3 days in the refrigerator for up to one month in the freezer.