The high, intense heat of your typical grill is an excellent way to toast bread. Keep a close eye out to make sure it doesn't burn. You'll get a lot more flavor out of this slice of bread than anything toasted.
- Combine butter with garlic, paprika oregano, cumin, cayenne, and salt.
- Spread onto cut side of the sourdough loaf.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
- Place a large piece of aluminum foil onto the grill grate and place bread onto grill buttered side up.
- Close lid and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the butter, is melted.
- Remove from grill, slice, and serve.