If you're in the mood for a good sized steak sandwich, look no further! These rib-eye sandwiches are not only easy to prepare but fantastic. The secret is not to overcook the steaks. The meat will keep much more tender, flavorful and perfect for this sandwich.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Season rib-eye steaks with salt, black pepper, and onion powder.
- Place onto the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Once cooked to your preference (135 F for medium rare and 145 F for medium), remove from grill and let rest for about five minutes.
- Serve on warmed deli buns with steak sauce, mayonnaise, onions, lettuce, and tomato.