Want to learn what it takes to make the perfect Grilled Macaroni and Cheese Sandwich? Get my recipe and background right here!
I've been writing a grilled cheese blog (GrilledCheeseSocial.com) for almost 4 years now, but If you had to guess my second favorite food what do you think it would be? I'll give you a little hint, it's almost exactly like a grilled cheese but a wee bit different..... give up? Ok, alright, yeah fine i'll tell ya. The answer is mac n cheese! Surprised? I didn't think so! And because I'm such a freak about cheese being melted on anything I've combined my loves to create one special meal - a grilled macaroni and cheese sandwich!
Want to spice it up a bit? Try adding a bit of sriracha or a fried egg and some bacon.
- 2 slices brioche
- 2 Kraft singles, or other American cheese slices
- 1/4 cup leftover macaroni and cheese
- 2 pinches garlic salt
- 2 pats salted butter
- Begin by building the sandwich. Put one slice of kraft single onto a piece of brioche, then add the macaroni and cheese, then the other piece of american cheese. Add the top piece of bread, and butter the exterior of the sandwich and sprinkle it with garlic salt. Set aside.
- In a small frying pan, add your garlic-buttered sandwich and cook for a few minutes on each side at low heat, flipping as little as possible, until the cheese has melted and the bread is crisp and toasty. Remove from heat, let the sandwich sit for a few minutes so the cheese doesn't ooze out when you cut it and serve.
- Remember - Because this type of bread is so high in fat content (think lots of eggs and butter) it will brown really quickly so be careful and check it every once in a while.