This is a fantastic pineapple dessert recipe that takes no time to make on the grill. You can substitute rum for the tequila if you prefer.
- 1 large pineapple (peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch-thick slices)
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) tequila
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground cinnamon
1. Mix tequila, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together until sugar is dissolved.
2. Preheat grill. Place pineapple on the grill (you could put the pieces on skewers to make grilling easier). Baste with tequila mixture while grilling. Turn occasionally. Grill about 10 minutes.
3. Serve hot topped with a scoop of ice cream.