This grilled salmon with lemon caper sauce sounds like fancy, adult food. But it's actually one of my kids' favorite ways to eat salmon. Go figure. You can grill the salmon on a regular grill, in a grill pan on the stove, or in a George Foreman grill (compare prices).
Don't Miss: Salmon Recipes
- Juice of 3 lemons, divided
- 1 tablespoon. olive oil
- 2 tablespoon. chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 6 ounces. salmon fillets, pin bones removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon. capers, rinsed
- Whisk juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add salmon fillets, turning to coat. Refrigerate salmon 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Grill salmon 4-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon and the type of grill you're using. Salmon is done when it flakes easily when poked with a fork.
- Heat remaining lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 5-7 minutes, until it starts to get thick and some of the water evaporates. Add butter and a pinch of salt. When butter melts, stir in capers. Taste, and add more salt if necessary.
- Divide salmon among four plates. Serve with a drizzle of lemon caper sauce over each salmon fillet.