This is nice and simple strip steak seasoned with a garlic and oregano wet rub. This dish would go well with any grilled vegetables, whipped mashed potatoes, and perhaps some grill shrimp or lobsters for surf and turf option.
- 4 strip steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper, ground
1. Combine minced garlic, olive oil, and dried oregano in a bowl. Place steaks on a large place and coat well on both sides with mixture. Cover lightly with plastic and place into refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before going onto the grill. This will help the meat come up to temperature before coming into contact with heat.
2. Preheat grill for medium high heat
3. Remove plastic wrap from steaks and season both sides of meat with salt and black pepper.
4. Place steaks onto grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired doneness. Once cooked to preference, remove from heat and set onto a cutting board. Lightly tent with aluminum foil. Do not wrap tightly. Let steaks rest for 7-10 minutes. Slice and serve or serve steaks whole with your favorite side dishes.