Ground beef is a staple in many family's food budgets. It's cheap and delicious and almost everyone likes it. So let's make dinner even easier with five ingredient ground beef recipes! Reducing the number of ingredients in a recipe is the easiest way to make it faster.
If you are avoiding ground beef because of food safety concerns, try finding a source for organic, locally grown beef. You can also grind your own beef, using round steak, sirloin, and top and bottom round.
I prefer to purchase lean ground beef (between 89 to 90 percent lean): this type has lots of flavor but is still tender, with not much excess fat.
There are a few rules you need to know when working with ground beef.
- First, make sure that you carefully and thoroughly wash all surfaces, utensils, plates, and containers that come in contact with the raw beef. And that includes your hands! If you wash your hands in warm soapy water while silently singing 'Happy Birthday to You', you will have cleaned your hands sufficiently. That amount of time is necessary to kill bacteria left on your hands by the raw meat.
- Second, don't handle the meat too much. If you've ever eaten a really dense, tough hamburger, that beef has been worked too much, compressing the fibers and squeezing the water and juices out of the meat.
- And finally, cook every bit of the meat to well done, or 160 degrees F on an instant read food thermometer. You can't tell if beef is done or not by the color or the texture; a thermometer is the only way to be sure your food is safe.
Try a few of these easy recipes this week, and enjoy.
Five Ingredient Ground Beef Recipes
- Five Ingredient Crockpot Chili
This delicious chili simmers all day while you're at work. Serve it with some chopped avocados and a dollop of sour cream for the perfect finishing touch.
- Old Fashioned Skillet Goulash
This recipe will bring back memories of Mom's home cooking. Serve with cooked carrots, a gelatin salad, and an ice cream pie for dessert.
- Shepherd's Pie
Convenience foods make this recipe so quick to put together; and the flavor is wonderful.
- Crockpot Cheeseburgers
Cheeseburgers in your crockpot? Well, kind of - this is like a sloppy joe with cheese. Yum.
- Shepherd's Pie
Refrigerated mashed potatoes are the secret ingredient in this wonderful recipe. It's pure comfort food.
- My Mom's Meatloaf
This incredibly delicious homey recipe really does use just five ingredients, not counting seasonings and olive oil. Try it soon.
- Easy Meatballs
This classic and popular recipe is really quite perfect.
- All-American Burgers
Adding Worcestershire sauce and a bit of water to hamburger will result in the juiciest, tastiest hamburgers you ever made.
- Crockpot Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joe sandwiches are beloved by everyone, especially kids. And this recipe is so simple!