Kids can improve their spelling as well as learn new words with these easy to challenging word search puzzles with a Groundhog Day theme.
Groundhog Day Word Search Printables
For offline solving, we have a selection of word search worksheets to print and solve. The puzzles are listed in order of difficulty, from the easiest to the most challenging.
- Groundhog Day Word Search - On this page, you'll find two-word search games for young solvers. The easier one features only five themed entries in a small grid of letters; the more challenging one has ten words. Both puzzles may be printed in either black and white or color.
- Groundhog Day Word Search Puzzle - Ten words associated with the Groundhog Day celebration are hidden in a medium-sized grid of letters in this word search game by About Homeschooling.
- Groundhog Day Word Search Puzzle - This printable also has 10 words related to the U.S. holiday. Solution provided.
- Groundhog Day Kid's Word Search - This themed word game features 12 words related to the popular U.S. tradition hidden in a small grid of letters.
- Groundhog Day Word Find Printable - Another 12-word game for young solvers.
- Groundhog Day Challenge - Word Search - Here's a slightly more difficult word search game featuring 12 Groundhog Day words in in a medium-sized grid of letters.
- Groundhog Day - Candlemas Word Search - Twenty-five themed entries need finding in this word search game of medium difficulty. An extra-large font for easy reading.
- Groundhog Day Word Search - This word puzzle features 27 words associated with sleepy rodents that predict the weather.
- Groundhog Day Hidden Message Word Search - The same word list is used in this more challenging word search, but once you find the 27 words related to Groundhog Day, the remaining letters will spell out a secret message.
- Groundhog Day Deluxe Word Search - In this challenging word search, you need to find 33 words dealing with Groundhog Day, Candlemas, Imbolc and other feast days celebrated around the world on February 2nd. Solution provided.
Groundhog Day Word Search Puzzles to Play Online
- Groundhog Day Word Search Game - This word search game features 25 words related to not only the popular U.S. tradition but also to other holidays celebrated on the 2nd of February.
- Groundhog Day Word Search - In this easy word search puzzle, eight words are chosen at random from a list of words related specifically to Groundhog Day as it's celebrated in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.
Free Groundhog Day Puzzles for Kids
Groundhog Day Crossword Puzzles | Groundhog Day Jigsaw Puzzles | Groundhog Day Mazes and Quiz Games | Groundhog Day Puzzle Games | Groundhog Day Puzzles - Main Index
Children and second language learners can learn and practice new vocabulary in an entertaining way with these easy to challenging crossword puzzles with themes pertaining to the celebration of Groundhog Day.
Groundhog Day Crossword Puzzles to Print or Play Online
These themed crossword puzzles use the freeform format and are listed in order of difficulty, from the easiest to the most challenging. Unless indicated otherwise, they are print only.
- Groundhog Day Crossword - This easy crossword game features seven words associated with Groundhog Day.
- February 02 Crossword Puzzle - The clues in this interactive crossword puzzle refer to various celebrations observed on the 2nd day of February. Play online.
- Groundhog Day Criss-Cross - This easy crossword puzzles features a word list of ten themed entries. The words used in the puzzle appear below the clues for additional help if necessary.
- Groundhog Day Crossword - This crossword game features twenty words associated with Groundhog Day. Though some of the words are fairly long, the word list is provided should the student get stumped. Best for kids of middle school age. Solution provided.
These free jigsaw puzzles all have themes related to burrowing rodents that, according to legend, have the ability to predict future weather.
Groundhog Day Jigsaw Puzzles to Print
- Groundhog Day Jigsaw Puzzle - A smiling rodent is featured in this printable jigsaw puzzle. Use one of the jigsaw cutting guides to create a jigsaw puzzle for piecing together off-line.
Groundhog Day Jigsaw Puzzles to Play Online
- Groundhog Jigsaw Puzzle - This JigZone puzzle has 51 pieces, but you can change the piece cut and the number of pieces to anything between 6 to 247 pieces.
Children will enjoy finding their way through the themed labyrinth puzzles or testing their knowledge of fun facts related to the Groundhog Day.
Groundhog Day Maze Puzzles
Maze puzzles are a great activity to help children develop strategic planning and problem-solving skills. Below, you'll find easy to challenging printable maze activities for young puzzlers.
- Groundhog Coloring Maze - Various activities related to groundhogs can be found here, including a very easy printable maze game, a word search, and an online coloring page.
- Groundhog Day Maze Game - In this fairly challenging maze game, students guide the groundhog through the labyrinth to the picnic basket.
Groundhog Day Quiz Games
Are you a whiz when it comes to woodchucks? Try these fun trivia quizzes and see if you have a mind for marmot mythology.
- Groundhog Day Quiz - Test your knowledge of Groundhog Day facts with this easy, ten-question quiz game.
- Groundhog Day Quiz - This easy quiz game features ten questions about Groundhog Day, its origins and various traditions associated with the holiday.
- Groundhog Day Quiz - Here you'll find 20 Groundhog Day questions to print and solve offline.
Young children just learning their numbers can practice them with these easy themed connect-the-dot games. Older kids with a good knowledge of their ABCs can try their hand at unscrambling the jumbled letters to form words associated with the Groundhog Day celebration. Kids at the middle school level can practice their code-breaking skills with these printable cryptogram puzzles.
Groundhog Day Dot-to-Dots
These easy counting puzzles are a very good way for young children to practice number sequencing.
- Groundhog Day Dot-to-Dot Games - Two easy dot-to-dot games are featured here, one of the sun and the other of a groundhog.
- Groundhog Day Dot-to-Dot - Connect the 30 dots to create a picture of a groundhog peeking out of his burrow.
- Groundhog Day Dot-to-Dot Games - The subject of this number game is the same as the previous one, but you need to connect 44 dots to complete the puzzle.
Groundhog Day Word Scrambles
To solve these easy anagram games, you must rearrange the letters to form a word or phrase related to the Groundhog Day celebration.
- Groundhog Day Word Jumble - Unscramble the 18 themed entries in this free anagram game. Play it online or print and solve on paper. The list of words is provided on the bottom of the sheet. Solution provided.
- Groundhog Day Word Scramble - This printable word game features twelve jumbled words to unscramble.
Miscellaneous Groundhog Day Games
- Groundhog Day Activities - Various activities related to Groundhog Day, including a connect-the-dot game, maze puzzle, several coloring pages and more.
I hope you and your children have enjoyed these free puzzles and games about weather-predicting woodchucks. Here's wishing you a Happy Groundhog Day!
Free Groundhog Day Puzzles for Kids
Groundhog Day Crossword Puzzles | Groundhog Day Jigsaw Puzzles | Groundhog Day Mazes and Quiz Games | Groundhog Day Word Searches | Groundhog Day Puzzles - Main Index