Try this delicious Guava Pie Recipe for a change to the usual fruit pie and you will be sure to delight.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for a 9-inch 2-crust pie
- 4 cups guava (peeled, seeded, and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter (cold and cut in small pieces)
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and salt; set aside.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry; fill with sliced guava, slightly mounding in the center.
- Sprinkle the flour and sugar mixture evenly over the guavas.
- Sprinkle with the lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Cover with the top pastry and flute edge.
- Cut several vents into top crust to let steam escape.
- Bake in a preheated 450° oven for 10 minutes, then reduce to 350° and bake 30 to 40 minutes longer.
More Fruit Pies
Cantaloupe Meringue Pie
Apple Pie Recipes
Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Peach Pie with Lattice Top
Peach Pie with Sour Cream
Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie