This brain Jello mold recipe makes a perfect gross Halloween party food that will scare and delight your guests. Once you learn how to make brain Jello using this easy recipe, you can adapt it to suit your tastes. Many people like green brain Jello molds, for example, in which case, you'd simply substitute lime Jello for the strawberry. Or use a peach or watermelon Jello to get a more "natural"-looking brain. This is one of those Halloween Jello recipes where you can definitely be creative.
- 3 ounces (4-serving size) package strawberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, such as Cool Whip, thawed
- Spray a brain Jello mold or brain ice cube mold with cooking spray.
- Mix Jello and boiling water, stirring until all crystals are completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Place mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour. You want the Jello to be thickened, but not firm.
- With an electric mixer (compare prices), beat whipped topping into thickened Jello until well-incorporated. Pour Jello mixture into the brain mold, making sure not to fill the mold completely. You should have about 1 inch between the top of the Jello and the top of the mold.
- Place brain mold in a dish with sides, such as an 8 x 8 dish or a pie pan, to stabilize it, and return to the refrigerator. Refrigerate Jello brain mold until firm, 4-24 hours.
- To serve your Jello brain, run a knife around the edges of the mold to loosen. Invert Jello brain mold onto a plate.
Don't Miss: Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares