Here is a delicious snack mix and the reason behind each ingredient. Includes printable bag tag!
- Bugles Brand Corn Snacks
- Candy corn and/or Corn Nuts Brand Snack
- Dried or Candy Fruits
- Peanuts and/or Sunflower Seeds
"I made little bags of this Blessing Mix and on top of the bag I printed out a cute little Thanksgiving turkey and the explanation of the Blessing Mix on cardstock.
I stapled it to the top of the bag and tied a cute raffia bow in fall colors to that... Everyone loved it and it makes a nice little treat for the neighbors too!"
Use even amounts of all the ingredients listed above or mix and match as you like. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together. You can make this mix as a family and eat while discussing each ingredient and how it relates to Thanksgiving.
If this is for a gift, make a card with these descriptions:
Each ingredient in this snack mix symbolizes something associated with the Harvest Season (Thanksgiving).
- Bugles Brand Corn Snacks - represents a cornucopia, a horn of plenty.
- Pretzels - represents arms folded in thanks and prayer.
- Candy Corn and/or Corn Nuts Brand Snack - during the first Winter, the pilgrims were each allotted only 5 kernels of corn per day because food was so scarce.
- Dried or Candy Fruits - Thanksgiving is the celebration of the harvest.
- Peanuts and/or Sunflower Seeds - seeds represent the potential of a bounteous harvest for the next season if they are planted and well tended.
You can package the mix in zip-top sandwich bags and use this printable tag stapled to the top of the bag: FREE Printable Tag.