This hash brown casserole makes a wonderful breakfast or brunch for holidays, special occasions and potlucks. Creamy and kid-pleasing, serve this hash brown egg casserole with strawberry smoothies for a filling and nutritious meal anytime.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 16 ounces potatoes (frozen or refrigerated hash brown)
- 1 medium bell pepper (red, diced)
- 1 medium bell pepper (green, diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: 6 dashes hot sauce (or to taste)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 slices bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cheese (Colby, shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Fold in the hash brown potatoes, peppers, onion, garlic powder, black pepper, hot sauce and cheddar cheese.
- Stir in half of the bacon pieces.
- Pour into prepared pan. Top with remaining bacon pieces and colby cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits
Baked Breakfast Rice Pudding
Baked French Toast with Apples and Granola
French Toast Casserole with Strawberries
Chocolate French Toast Recipe
Healthy Cinnamon Rolls