- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (toasted, skinned, and ground finely)
- 25 hazelnuts (whole, toasted, and skinned)
- Optional: cocoa powder for dusting
1. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. Make the ganache: Place 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Place the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat when bubbles appear near the sides of the pan. Pour hot cream over chocolate and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes.
3. Using a whisk, stir chocolate and cream until it begins to combine.
Place chopped butter on top and stir to combine. Whisk until completely smooth. Add chopped hazelnuts and stir well to incorporate.
4. Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature, then place in refrigerator until hard enough to roll, about 2 hours.
5. Using a teaspoon, pick up small amounts of ganache and roll between your palms to create balls. Dust your hands with cocoa powder to prevent sticking. Return balls to cookie sheet.
6. Press one whole hazelnut in the top of each ball, allowing it to protrude from the top.
7. Chill in the refrigerator at least an hour until firm enough to dip.
8. Place the remaining chocolate in the microwave and melt it in one-minute increments, stirring often to prevent overheating.
9. Using dipping tools or two forks, dip each hazelnut-chocolate bite into the chocolate and place back on the cookie sheet. Allow the dipped candies to set in the refrigerator before serving.