Mexican DipThis Mexican dip is a sure-fire crowd-pleaser. And when kids see adults going nuts for something, they'll want to try it, too.
This Mexican 7 layer dip is also really healthy. Although the avocados and black olives have fat, it is the good kind of mono-unsaturated fat. And the cheese and beans are packed with protein and calcium. Even the salsa is loaded with lycopene.
If you like, make your own guacamole and tomato salsa. Or just use store-bought. Enjoy!
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 16-ounce. can vegetarian refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 8-ounce. low-fat or fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced black olives for garnish
- Spread lettuce in an even layer in a deep-dish pie plate, gratin dish or serving bowl.
- Spread refried beans over lettuce. (Hint: To make the beans easier to spread, transfer them to a microwave-safe container, and heat on high for 20 seconds.)
- Top with salsa, then guacamole.
- Stir together sour cream and chili powder. Spread over the guacamole layer.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the sour cream layer. Dot with sliced black olives.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Pizza Dip Recipe
Radish Dip Recipe
Reuben Dip Recipe