Scrambled eggs are made even healthier with the addition of nutrient-packed spinach in this recipe for spinach scrambled eggs. Sure, scrambled eggs are healthy and filling in the morning, but when you add spinach to your scrambled eggs, you are upping the nutritional value. Plus you are adding interesting texture and beautiful color to your breakfast plate.
To round out this healthy protein packed breakfast, serve it with a slice of whole grain toast and some fresh fruit or berries.
- 6 whole eggs
- 3 tbsp skim milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped or torn washed spinach leaves
- First, begin to heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and coat it well with cooking spray. If you wish, you may want to use a non-stick skillet to avoid having to clean stubborn eggs off of it later.
- Crack the eggs into a medium sized dish. Use a wire whisk to whisk the eggs to break up the yolks. Add the milk to the eggs mixture, as well as the salt, and the ground black pepper. Whisk the mixture together well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the heated pan, and use a fork to stir the egg mixture continuously while it cooks. Add the spinach to the pan when the eggs begin to take form, and continue cooking the eggs and spinach until the spinach wilts and the eggs are no longer runny.
- Remove the eggs from the pan, and serve them immediately.
Per Serving Calories 198, Pro 17gm, Carbs 2gm, Dietary Fat 13gm