This easy baked fish is topped with crushed corn flakes. I add chopped parsley to the corn flakes and toss them with some butter before baking. It's a simple, tasty way to prepare fish.
- 1 pound frozen fish fillets, partially thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- dash pepper
- 1/4 cup corn flakes, crushed, tossed with 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 450 F (230 C/Gas 8).
- Grease a shallow baking dish big enough to place the fish in a single layer.
- Place the fish fillets in the prepared baking dish.
- In a skillet or saute pan over medium-low heat, cook the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter until tender. Stir in the thyme and tarragon and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Spread the herb and butter mixture over the fish fillets.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed cornflakes with the melted butter and parsley.
- Top with the seasoned corn flake crumbs and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Very thin fillets might take less time. check the center of the fish with a fork. Flakes should separate freely.
- Serve this fish with lemon wedges, potatoes or rice, and steamed vegetables.
Use haddock, cod, pollock, catfish, tilapia, or another mild, flaky white fish in this easy recipe.
Serve the fish with roasted potatoes, baked potatoes, or rice. For a side vegetable, I like steamed broccoli or peas. For an attractive and fancier look, serve the baked fish fillets on a bed of pureed peas.