- ¾ cup Salad oil (see note)
- ¼ cup White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon Chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon Dried herbs (either thyme, marjoram, basil, chives or tarragon)
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper (or freshly ground black pepper), to taste
- Combine the mustard and vinegar in a glass or stainless steel bowl and whisk them together briefly.
- Place the mustard-vinegar mixture along with the oil, herbs, and seasonings in a blender and mix for about 10 seconds or until fully combined.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and let stand for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk immediately before serving.
Note: Any oil labeled "vegetable oil" or "salad oil" is fine for this basic recipe.
You can also use any light, neutral-flavored oil like safflower, canola or soybean oil.