Looking for a meat-free high protein lunch idea? You've come to the right place. Each one of these high-protein sandwiches and salads has a complete nutritional breakdown so you'll know just how much protein you're getting in each serving. I've noted which of these vegetarian recipes are vegan as well with a "V". If you need a high-protein vegetarian lunch idea, you might also want to try packing up a high-protein soup or chili into a glass or tupperware container to heat up at the office, if you can.
Here's a few of my favorite high-protein vegetarian and vegan soups and chili recipes to try.
Just need some quick tips? When it comes to salads, add in some cubed tofu, a handful of edamame, or, my personal favorite, hemp seeds, to give your favorite green salad a serious vegan protein boost. I also like to keep cooked lentils on hand to add a tablespoon or two into just about any salad (or, you can pop a can or get the kind that come in a bag pre-cooked).
When it comes to high-protein sandwiches, look for high-protein ingredients such as tempeh, tofu and meat substitutes if you're not eating cheese.
- Quick and Easy White Bean Salad (27.3 grams protein) V
- Feta and Edamame Tabbouleh Salad (23.3 grams protein)
- Three Bean Salad with Eggs (17.9 grams protein)
- Quinoa and Pecan Salad with Fresh Mint (14.1 grams protein)
- Quinoa and Feta Greek-Style Salad (12.6 grams protein)
- Easy Quinoa and Vegetable Salad Recipe (10.4 grams protein) V
- Vegan Couscous and Chickpea Salad (9 grams protein) V
- Vegetarian Three Bean and Grape Salad (7 grams protein) V (contains honey)
- Tempeh and Tapenade Wraps (31 grams protein)
- Vegetarian Deli Sandwich on Whole Wheat, pictured (21 grams protein)
- Whole Grain Apple and Cheese Panini Sandwich (18 grams protein)
- Black bean and hummus wrap sandwich (13.7 grams protein) V
- More vegetarian and vegan sandwiches to try
- How to Get Protein on a Vegetarian or Vegan Diet
- More vegetarian recipes
- My favorite vegan protein powders
- High-protein vegetarian meals
- High protein breakfast ideas for vegetarians and vegans