Explore 200 miles of yard sales each June at the highway 70 yard sale in Tennessee. The sale starts in Memphis and ends in Nashville (or vice versa) with plenty of stops in between. Do some treasure hunting and enjoy the trip on a beautiful summer day. Alongside the normally quiet road, you'll find tables and tents filled with all sorts of merchandise.
- Memphis to Nashville, Tennessee
- Highway 70
- 200 miles across rural Tennessee
Dates and Times
The highway 70 yard sale, runs Thursday through Saturday on the second weekend of each June.
- 2017 confirmed dates: June 8 through June 10
- Time: 7 a.m. to 8 pm daily but vendors are allowed to set their own times
Along the Way
Shoppers are encouraged to stop and enjoy local cuisine and lodging along the way.
Don't miss the sales in Jackson, Tennessee, which some regular highway 70 yard sale shoppers call ground zero.
You'll find just about everything offered somewhere at this sale. You can expect to find all sorts of antique and eclectic items including:
- Estate Jewelry
- Antique teapots and plates
- Antique silver
- Carpets and rugs
- Artificial Christmas trees
- Vintage Clothes
- Vintage furniture
- Children's toys and furniture
- Crafts of all types
Information for Vendors
Some vendors price their wares ahead of time, but others let customers pick a reasonable price. Anyone can set up a table next to Highway 70 to sell goods, but the owners of home yards and business parking lots may charge vendors a fee to sell there. Advice for vendors includes:
- Vendors should have plenty of small bills to make change for items.
- A tarp may come in handy in case of wind or rain during the three-day sale. More likely, a large umbrella may supply some well-needed shade from the summer sun.
- Don't forget to have boxes, sacks and plastic bags for shoppers. If you sell fragile items, have plenty of shredded paper or bubble wrap for packing.
- Keep a tape measure on hand or measure large pieces ahead of time and mark the size on the items.
- Extra chairs encourage shoppers to stay near your area longer.
Yard Sale Tips
- Watch for signs leading the way to off-highway yard sales as you travel along the highway.
- Make your wish list, pack a yard sale toolkit and plenty of cash, and study the top 10 yard sale shopping tips before you head to the sale route.
- In addition to yard sales, watch for local antique shops and eateries along the way.
- Don't be afraid to haggle for better deals, especially on the second and third days of the event, but be sure you don't make any huge haggling mistakes.