This is a good, simple pork basting sauce or mop for large cuts of meat (excellent on chicken too!). If you don't need this much, cut the recipe down by half.
- 1 gallon/3.8 liters apple cider vinegar
- 1 quart/900 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 10 oz./300 mL lemon (the juice)
- 3 tbsp./45 mL black pepper
1. Mix all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a hard boil for 10 minutes. This is an old-fashioned, true Southern Style basting sauce, excellent on chicken and large cuts of pork (Boston butt, shoulders, hams, whole hog, pork roasts, etc.).
2. The meat should be cooked over a low fire (215 to 225 degrees F) and basted every 20 to 30 minutes (not during last hour for large pieces of meat).